There are two notification channels to receive alerts: SMS and Email. Users are able to select either channels or both as they see fit. When selecting these options users can also opt in for the type of notifications they wish to receive. Find below a list of notifications and their internal workings.
Types of Alerts
- In 15 minute intervals, the system sends alerts per restroom to cleaners.
- The system only sends new alerts. Therefore, if in one 15 minute interval it found 10 alerts, in the next 15 minute interval it would not resend those 10 alerts again if the devices still need services, alerts are only sent out on only new devices that need refilling and have not been alerted yet.
- Taking this scenario as an example: those 10 alerts that have already been alerted BUT still need refilling will receive further alerts in the Follow Up Alerts
Follow Up Alerts
- These alerts are sent once per-person, per-shift to each person on the shift. It includes each device that requires service that has not been notified yet this shift. Either via a follow-up alert or a batched alert
- Traffic alerts are generated when the number of people detected by a given traffic sensor since the last alert exceed a certain threshold.
- They are also included in batch alerts.