Networking with Mero Technologies
There are three common ways to meet all your networking needs for Mero Products
Exclusive Mero LTE network
Specifically designed for Mero sensor usage (small area installations)
Exclusive Mero LoRa to LTE network - Mero Network Package
Specifically designed for large scale Mero sensor installations (large-area or multiple floor installations)
Reliable, customer provided WiFi network
Ideally allocated specifically for Internet of Things (IOT) equipment. (WiFi network must be readily available anywhere Mero sensors are installed and there are some limitations)
When using customer provided networks, we would have to ensure that the network allows our sensors to communicate to the cloud by opening specific ports:
- PORT 8883
- PORT 1883
- PORT 123
We would also need a separate SSID and Password so that we could update the software on our devices to reflect the specifics of the private network.
We are always happy to accommodate your own unique ways of doing things when reasonable.
Mero Network Package Requirements
We generally have a few rule of thumb we like to use when lending our equipment:
- Securely place networking equipment in an electrical, mechanical, or telecommunication room – can be placed in a secure office or similar.
- The LTE network is only to be used for Mero Sensor Data Collection
- No significant interference to Rogers LTE network and with appropriate space away from high voltage/current equipment.
- At least two, 120V outlets, or the use of an outlet splitter (can be provided by Mero).
- SIM card slot must be securely closed at all times.
- Must be within no more than 8 floors away from any basestation or sensor, otherwise multiple network packages are required.