- The Network Package must be installed and operational prior to setting up basestations for best results
- When installing in a new area or floor, the first step is to set up a basestation that will cover all sensors in a particular area (be aware of the about 5-7m range and avoid thick concrete walls if possible).
- It is best to install basestations BEFORE sensors within any particular area so that once a sensor is turned on, it will be immediately detected by the basestation; in this way, sensor function can be immediately verified during installation.
Necessary Equipment and Tools
- Mero Basestation with a 10cm microUSB to USB cable (Provided by Mero).
- 5V, 1A Power USB Power Adapter Cube (provided by Mero).
- 2 pieces of VHB double sided tape (provided by Mero).
- A smooth surface near a 120V power outlet
- Good to have: outlet voltage tester
Find a suitable location inside a washroom or within 5-7m of Mero sensors that has an outlet.
Attach the USB power adapter to the basestation.
Add two pieces of VHB tape if not already included on the side with the large opening.
Remove the protective film to expose the sticky side of the tape but do not stick to the wall yet
Scan the QR code and either tell Mero technicians the exact location and naming convention for the target location. Usually we would need to know the building, floor, tower (if applicable) and specific location such as security desk lobby or men's washroom
Plug in basestation to make sure it can reach the outlet.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the outlet is working correctly. An LED must light up on the chip board inside basestation that indicated power is ON.
Test outlet if necessary as seen below
Neatly adhere the basestation near the outlet
Near the Ceiling (Usually without modem)
Under the Sink
In Secure Bathrooms
Hidden in Corners (Usually without modem)
All Done, admire your work.