- Mero soap sensors are perfect for monitoring both sanitizer and liquid soap supply in a variety of dispensers (some restrictions apply due to dispenser designs).
- The sensor is roughly 100mm in length by 50mm in width, with a thickness of 6.8mm not including adhesive (see technical drawing for more precise measurements).
- It is completely wireless and runs on a LiPo battery that has greater than 1/2 year of service life.
- With the double-sided VHB, the sensor thickness is about 8-10mm in total.
- Each Mero paper sensor tracks one dispenser of liquid or foam soap or sanitizer
- A library of commonly used dispensers is kept by Mero to map specific dispenser characteristics and provide accurate monitoring
- Make sure that the Mero network package or suitable alternative has been installed for building.
- Make sure that a Mero Basestation has been installed to service the sensor in target location.
Installation - Soap Hand Sensor
- Check if there is one single strip of 3M VHB double-sided tape on the back of the sensor
- If not, Add a strip right down the middle (leave a bit of room on the edges, strip only needs to cover 2/3 of the sensor to adhere well to almost any flat, non-dusty surface
Find a suitable location for the sensor below the target dispenser with enough clearance
- Mount the sensor underneath the soap dispenser with the lip and "sensor eye" being on the top.
- Keep a distance of 30 mm between the soap dispenser and the edge of the "sensor eye"
- Make sure the distance between the face of the sensor and the soap dispensing element (where the soap comes out) is equal to or less than 70 mm.
- The sensor "square-eye" must be directly underneath the dispenser nozzle.
- Examples are at the bottom of this tutorial
Scan the QR code and tell Mero technicians the exact location and naming convention for the target dispenser. Alternatively, you can provide a spreadsheet with the following information:
8 Digit HardwareID
|Dispenser Model||Further Details|
Men's Main Washroom, Right Soap Dispenser
|Purell 1928-01||Right (1 of 3)
Room 123, Paper Towel Dispenser
||Center (1 of 3)
|GoJo 1925-01||Center (1 of 1)
Use a pin or a small thin object such as an elongated paper clip to gently flick the soap sensor ON using the power switch (flick up for ON and down for OFF)
Remove the protective film to expose the sticky side of the tape and stick the sensor onto the dispenser
Adhere the soap sensor under the dispenser as shown the examples at the bottom of this article.
Admire your work and congratulate yourself on a job well done!
Repeat the steps above for all other sensor installations.
Soap Refill Sensor (When Applicable)
- Soap refill sensor / button is an accessory to the soap sensor
- It is used to provide a manual method of resetting soap dispensers back to full
- It is only required in certain scenarios - speak to a Mero Representative to learn more
Soap Refill Sensor / Button Installation
Before installing the battery, make sure a Mero Basestation is installed in the washroom that the soap door sensor is deployed in.
- Unscrew the back cover
- Insert the battery with the + facing upwards.
- Confirm that the blue sensor LED is blinking quickly. This means the sensor is operational.
- Confirm that the blue sensor LED is blinking slowly 5 times. This means the sensor is in range of the Basestation and it is able to communicate with it.
- Screw the sensor's back cover back on.
Use the provided VHB tape to mount the sensor on the soap dispenser. Attach the VHB to the bottom of the sensor with the CE sign on it.
Mount the sensor on the inside of the soap dispenser, if possible. Make sure it is accessible to the cleaners and you are able to press the button to trigger a refill without much effort.
- Make sure a Mero Basestation is installed in the same washroom that the dispenser is located in.
- Install the battery.
- Mount the sensor on the dispenser.